Sunday, March 17, 2013

Open for uncomfortable dinners

Well folks,  this is a monumental day

It's the day I finally realized just how terrible I am at getting dates.

This week I finally became aware of the fact that I haven't worn a full face of makeup in months... yes, I am ashamed.

I also realized that I dress in sweats and t-shirts most of the time.... with holes in them.  (I'm a dance major... cut me some slack!)   

Then I realized that I have no straight guy friends.... seriously, I was looking through my phone and, if I had to find a date for something - it probably wouldn't happen. The only straight guys I know are dating my friends.   (Once again.... dance major here)  

Yeah... that's just straight male FRIENDS... my love interests?  Completely non-existent.   

I'm not kidding when I say I don't even remember how to flirt.  

Last night when 40 year old Luke hit on me at Denny's ("boyfriend?  boyfriend?"), I realized that the last 5 guys who have hit on me have been over the age of 30.... 


yep.


I realized that if I don't start going on dates soon, I'll probably end up getting married after age 40.  

Not that that's the worst thing that could happen, but I can only imagine the anguish it would cause my mother if I took that long to get hitched.

So... I've made a decision.  

Since I obviously can't meet straight men my age on my own... I'm letting people set me up on blind dates.  


DUN DUN DUN!!! 


I don't know if you all know how big this is. 

A girl as prone to awkward situations as I am going on dates with total strangers?  

This is going to be good.  :)


So get excited folks, I'm sure there will be some fabulous awkward tales coming up as a result of this :)  

... and if you know of any normal, nice, relatively good-looking guys, with good hygiene who are looking for a girl to take to frozen yogurt sometime, feel free to send them my way!  


No comments:

Post a Comment