Sunday, July 22, 2012

Why not?

Want to know what awkward conversation I hate having?  

"Do you have a boyfriend"

"Nope."

"Going on lots of dates?"

"Not really."

"Why not?"

......


That's where I stop responding and start laughing. 

This conversation happens to me AT LEAST twice a month (usually with a relative, bishopric member, or one of their wives) - frequency goes up during the summer. 

A friend from church today suggested that I respond with "No, do you have someone in mind I should be dating?"  (flip the awkward pressure to them... see how great that is?)
I think I'll give it a go.  Hopefully they don't actually respond... blind dates are awkward.  They do usually result in good stories though, so either way, I win! :)

3 comments:

  1. You've got to learn to fly under the radar. No one ever asks me those questions. Well, my aunts asked me this summer, but neither of them have seen me in over a year, so it's to be expected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a fake boyfriend. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tried that once, but fake boyfriends require so much maintenance. (plus I'm a TERRIBLE liar, everyone saw right through me.)

      Delete