Saturday, August 4, 2012

Awkward dates, episode #1

The other day I was giving a friend of mine a brief run-down of my dating history because... it's so terrible, it's hilarious.  So, of course, I decided you all deserved to hear too!  In order to avoid another incredibly long blog post (because we all know tangents and run on sentences are my speciality) I'm going to have a few different "episodes"
 (I'm only including dates that are at least a year old - because I figure those will be relatively safe to post without ruining anyone's reputation.... but keep stalking this blog because a year from now I'll be posting about the best one yet!)

-First (and as a result ONLY) "blind date": Back in high school I had a friend (for the stake of the story we'll call her "cuddlebuns" ask me and my best friend Chell to join her on a group date - you see, she had a boy toy who lived about a half hour away and her parents wouldn't let her go on a date with him unless accompanied by responsible young ladies like Chell and myself.  Terrible. 
  • When we walked in (since we drove out to them - because none of them had their licenses yet, because they were the most unmotivated slugs in the universe), they were too busy playing Call of Duty to stand up or introduce themselves - GREAT start.   We managed to squeeze some names out of them, but I'll admit I forgot which slug was which about 10 minutes into the date.
  • Boys sat on one side of the couch, girls on the other side, with Cuddlebuns and boy toy in the middle.... cuddling (because she's a cuddlebuns, get it?).  This resulted in Chell and I not knowing who we were each on a date with - which, normally... would have been terribly awkward, but since they were wrapped up in their videogaming/staring at scantily clad women to speak to us, it really didn't matter.
  • The "date" consisted of:  1.Watching the boys play COD.  2. Watching (part of) a vulgar movie with scantily clad women and crude jokes (Chell and I were too classy to watch the entire thing) 3. Watching the boys play guitar hero.  4.A little bit of awkward "non-conversation" 5. running upstairs as frequently as possible to "get a glass of water"  (aka plot our escape.)  6. Walking ourselves out to the car. 
  • At one point in the evening one of the slugs actually made this comment: "Hey, you girls should go make us some popcorn or somethin, kitchen's upstairs." (while they were Call of Dutyin' it up)   - I'm ashamed to admit that we were so desperate to get out of the room that we actually took the suggestion. 
  • After the date, one of the slugs asked boy toy to text cuddlebuns to ask me (because yes, we were apparently in 3rd grade at the time, it's fine.) if I would go out with him (because clearly my popcorn-making skills and ability to drink 10 glasses of water in one evening are very attractive)  I'm still not sure if that was the slug that was supposed to be my date or the one that was supposed to be Chell's....  either way.... ?What the.....???????

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is unbelievable. I would've slapped the jerks silly and left after ten minutes! I mean... SERIOUSLY?!!??

    ReplyDelete