Friday, December 27, 2013

Lead foot

***ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO***

Me: "AAAH!  Holy cow, you freaked me out, I was ready for you on the other side."
Officer: "Haha sorry about that...I'm pretty sneaky."
Me:  "I'll say, nearly gave me a heart attack."
Officer: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "No, do I have a light out or something?"
Officer:  "Well... what you did wrong was actually a while back."
Me: "Oh."
Officer: "Back on 4th and 4th you slowed down a lot... but you didn't stop."
Me: "ooooooh"
Officer: "And then again at the Center Street stop sign you...didn't stop completely"
Me: "eeeeeehhh"
Officer: "Yeah... and do you know what you did between the two stop signs?"
Me: "Was I speeding?"
Officer: "15 over."

Me:  "Yikes! 3 strikes... I'm out!"
Officer: "Yeah, sorry but I really can't let that slide.  Do you have your license and registration?"
Me: "Yeah hold on just one second."
*starts rifling through glove box and purse*
Officer: "Where ya headed this late?"
Me:  "I was trying to get to Walmart before Sunday" *looks at clock* (11:45)
Officer: "Yeah, I don't think you're gonna make it."
Me: "Yeah I was kinda gettin that feeling."
Me: "Uh-oh."
Officer: "Uh-oh?  That doesn't sound good."
Me: "This is not the purse my wallet is in...so this is not the purse my license is in...so my license is not exactly with me at this time."
Officer: "You do have a valid license, though?"
Me: "Yep.  Just got it renewed this past year."
Officer: "Name"

He ended up having a ton of mercy and only citing me for 9 over and one stop sign.



***FAST FORWARD TO LAST NIGHT***
Me: "Hi.  This is bad, I realize this is the second time in two weeks I've done this.... and I'm going to tell you right now that I don't have my license this time either, but I want you to know that I did learn my lesson about the stop signs.. and last time really was my first ticket, this really isn't as regular of an occurrence as it looks.... because this looks REALLY bad." 
Officer: "Where's your license?"
Me: "About 3 houses away."

Officer: "Alright, do you know what you were doing."
Me: "Yep... I was speeding.  I don't know why I was speeding... I really wasn't in a hurry to get home.  I have absolutely no reason this time... just a lead foot.  BUT I do come to full stops now."
Officer: "Were you the one who was going to Walmart?"
Me: "Yeah.  Hello again."
Officer:  "Well part of the reason we pull you over is to educate you.  I'm glad you've learned your lesson about the stop signs, but you've really got to get that speeding under control.   You were going 15 over again, that is quite the lead foot you've got there.  It's part of my job to educate you, and I'm sorry I clearly didn't get my point across last time.  Fate was on your side tonight, for some reason my radar didn't catch it so you're not getting a ticket."
Me: "THANK YOU.  Wow.  You're the best!!!"
Officer: "This isn't me being nice... this is my radar."
Me: "Right.  Well.. your radar is the BEST!  Tell it thanks for me."
Officer: "Yeah you got lucky... but apparently fate also likes to put me right behind you whenever you're speeding so... I mean this in the best way possible, because you seem like a really great girl.... I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. Okay?"
Me: "I feel the same way!  No offense. I've learned my lesson, I'll get my lead foot under control.... I'll make sure we don't run into each other again, because to be honest, I don't want to see you again either!   Thanks again, you're the BEST!"



All credit goes to Heavenly Father for answering my prayers for help even when I don't deserve it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment