Friday, November 9, 2012

Bright sides

I feel like I've been kind of negative lately.  I'm so sorry for those of you who have had to be around that.  Time to fix it!  Step one: Blog about how amazing my life is!

  • How many times can I tell you how awesome my roommates are?  Not enough!  The other day after a long rehearsal, following a night of very little sleep, I was hungry and I got SO cranky.  Out of control grumpy, most people would have SMACKED me.  What did my roomies do?  They walked away and laughed.  Then when I apologized later, they laughed with me.  Exactly what I need, people who laugh at me when I'm being ridiculous, instead of getting frustrated about it.  THANKS GIRLS.
  • I have a job I love.  I seriously look forward to going to work every day.  :)  
  • I get to do what I love all day, every day.  I get to study dance!  How many people get to dance around all day for their education?
  • I have the most wonderful professors I could ever dream of. Strict and dedicated, yet hilarious and relaxed.  They really are just the greatest human beings.  Not only do they teach me in the classroom.  They also work outside the classroom to take my education to the next level.  They provide me with wonderful opportunities, experiences, and advice.  Love those guys. 
  • I had a biology test I was completely unprepared for, plus 5 homework assignments that I was only halfway finished with due in my class this Tuesday.  I also had rehearsal, work, and TONS of stuff I needed to get done.  I was adding up the hours I would need to complete everything and freaking out because I didn't understand how I could possibly get it done.  Well.. on Tuesday (when I still had 2 assignments to do and had barely studied) my biology teacher decided to move the homework date to THURSDAY.  Guess what that meant... I GOT TO SHOWER!!!  (and study more)  I know that showering doesn't sound like a big deal, but I really was thinking I'd have to go until Friday before I had those extra 10 minutes. It's hilarious, but it's a blessing. I really did get teary eyed when I found out about that tender mercy Heavenly Father gave me.
  • I am performing in a BEAUTIFUL dance concert this weekend. I am so grateful to have been chosen to perform in such stunning pieces from these choreographers.  I really have loved the whole process of putting this concert together.  Tonight was our opening night and it went great!  Hopefully you can all come see it soon, it's definitely worth your time. :)
  • Heavenly Father has blessed me with so many ways to help people this week!  Back massages, simply listening, praying and fasting for someone I love, helping a friend hunt down a mouse in her apartment, bringing friends Ben and Jerrys for some comfort...  I have had so many opportunities.  I really tried this week to find ways to help people, without their asking.Do you have any idea how happy that makes me?  So happy.  Sure, my wallet may be lighter, my arms may be sore, and I may have had a few hours less sleep each night... but I can tell you the feeling I got from knowing that I had made someone else's life a little brighter, outweighed all of those.  Service is such a blessing!
  • I finally found a *cheap* pair of leggings for dance.  BIG DEAL.  I'm in love with these things.   
  • I haven't had to pull an all-nighter yet this week.  Things keep unexpectedly working out so that I get at least a few hours of sleep each night.  Thank goodness!
  • None of my injuries have been acting up very much this concert.  The only issues I've had have been super minor and haven't impacted my dancing at all.  Seriously, a miracle.
  • My lovely roommates let me borrow their clothes. THIS IS A BIGGIE.  I am literally down to underwear and less than 5 too-tight T-shirts.   It's bad.  I haven't had a chance to do laundry, but guess what.... it's okay!  Because my roommates are the nicest people on the planet and they allow me to borrow their shirts to make it through.  
  • It hasn't gotten very cold yet... so we haven't had to turn on our heater!  Hooray for saving on our energy bills!
  • I had a GREAT day in ballet the other day.  I danced really really well.. better than I have in months.  It just felt so great to know I was doing my best and it was showing. :)
I could keep going for at least another hour I'm sure... but I'll wrap it up there.

DANG.  My life is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment