Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bye bye, Baby!

So my sister texted me earlier this week and said "I just can't hold it in anymore... I have to tell you. I'm so twitterpated by this boy!  He's funny and cute and.. blah blah blah" ... what I took this as, is "I think this boy I see around campus is really cute and maybe I talked to him once"  ... I didn't think they were actually interacting!!!

Well..

A few days later she texted me to tell me

SHE HAD HER FIRST KISS!

My initial reaction?

I called her a liar.  

Totally didn't believe her, hurt her feelings - my bad.

The next day, she called and told me the story and that they had decided they wanted to be in a relationship.

What did I do?

SOBBED.

Why did I sob?? I don't know.... part of me was so happy for  her that she finally has a guy she cares about that cares about her.  Part of me was jealous, I won't lie.  Part of me went, "She's my baby sister!  She can't have a boyfriend, she's too young for this!!".  Part of me thought, "What if she gets married and I lose her?????"  The last part of me said "What if she gets hurt?"

All of these emotions came out in the form of tears.

Is this normal??

No!  Not even for me.  This was the most girly, Relief-Society style moment I have had in over a year.



Anyway... that's what's new in my life.  My sister has a significant other and I don't know how to handle it.   All I can say is that he better not hurt my baby sister.


Also... if I felt so conflicted and dramatic over her relationship... I should probably never have a boyfriend.  CLEARLY it would be unhealthy.

Who's up for starting a Mormon convent?


1 comment: