Sunday, October 7, 2012

I really do love my job.

Guess who's job it was to deal with...

directing hundreds of high schoolers and their coaches,

dealing with football players who think public nudity is funny (actually, one of my volunteers dealt with most of that since I was off dealing with other things, I'm just going to be dealing with the aftermath),

finding out I was going to be stage managing a show... less than hour before the show starts, 

being a nurse to injured students, 

calming down crazy parents, 

getting money back from vending machines for poor little kiddos,

running around and around and around and around,

calming down an entire auditorium (and a half.. people were pouring out) of high schoolers and their crazy parents and coaches,

getting free pastry pub veggie wraps (score!),

teaching a ballet workshop to Billy Joel, Joe Bros, and Adele music, 

make sure everyone was where they needed to be, when they needed to be there, 

keeping a smile on.


....and that ain't the half of it....  yep, I coordinated a HUGE dance competition this weekend, and I must say... for what my job was supposed to be and how much I actually took on, I did pretty swell. :)  
*pats self on back*

Sounds crazy right?  Well, I loved it!  Favorite part of my job so far, I LOVE event planning and problem solving, and I love being in a position where people come to me for help. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment