Friday, August 17, 2012

I get absolutely giddy about...

... a lot of things... but this post is about my profuse amount of love for........

SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!!  

Really... All summer I look forward to buying fresh school supplies.  I spend quite a hefty amount of time pacing back and forth in the aisles... carefully determining how I will organize myself each year.  I drift off into daydreams about school supplies.  It's serious business.  Here's this year's loot:


-3 Binders.  Craftily covered in scrapbook paper and labeled.  Because I have the most adorable school supplies.  
-1 perfect sized planner.  Monthly Calendars and daily sections with plenty of writing space.  Yet still compact.  I've been hunting for this all summer.
-1 ruler/3 hole puncher combo.  Definitely necessary to keep papers from getting lost (learned my lesson after last semester's "lose-17-out-of-my-20-pages-of-notes-the-night-writing-my-15-page-paper" fiasco.)
-2 sets of notecards - colored of course, to easily divide up subjects. -2 3 subject notebooks for my busiest classes.  1 that was ugly, so, naturally, I fixed that! 
-2 1 subject notebooks for my classes with less notes and assignments.   
-1 mini notebook to carry with me when I have a purse my planner won't fit in and need to write something down.
-TABS.  time saving wonder. 
-10 different colored pilot G2 pens, plus 4 colored and 6 black Pentel R.S.V.P. fine point pens.  Quality pens are a must - only the best for a poor college student.   
-An adorable pencil pouch.  ADORABLE.  How could you NOT buy that?  Plus, I lose pens like nobody's buzinas, so this was an investment - I'll be saving money by not buying more pens.  That's a justifiable purchase, right? right. 
-Zebra book cover - in honor of my roommate Beth.  

I'm not going to tell you how much I spent on all this... just remember that it was all NECESSARY (because yes.... 20 pens in various colors and an adorable pencil pouch are necessary.  I don't want to hear your arguments.)  Remember my post about how I was in thrift overdrive?  Yes... well.. I still haven't bought new shoes.. or jeans that fit... but thrift overdrive is definitely non-applicable when it comes to school supplies.   So.... since I just blew invested all my money in school supplies.... anyone want to donate to my shoe fund?  Or my glue-for-mending-shoes for the 8th time fund?  :)

3 comments:

  1. YESSSSS. Can't get enough animal print in my life! ;) You've inspired me to go buy a planner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love school supplies! I can't wait until my spending spree... :)

    ReplyDelete