Friday, June 1, 2012

Workin girl

The week after I got home from school I spent most of my time applying for jobs.  I probably applied for 50+ jobs, because I applied for 8-10 a day Monday-Saturday.  Why so many?  Well.. many reasons:

1. I am only going to be here for the summer and 90% of those jobs aren't looking for people that temporary
2. If I couldn't find a full time job I was hoping to have 2-3 part time jobs
3. I wasn't super picky about what jobs I applied for.  I have no college degree and I'm only here for a few months.  Beggars can't be choosers!  (I did avoid fast food and custodial, though... deciding those would be a last resort)

Since I had no job and desperately needed one (I literally have NO money since I couldn't work this last school year or last summer).  I decided that until I found a job... looking for a job was my full-time job.

Well... Guess what... SUCCESS

I had job offers like crazy.. and I ended up taking a job at Elite Security as a scheduler.  (Worst pay I was offered - but I felt really good about it - plus I usually don't start work until after 10, which is great for me since I'm not a morning person at all... in fact I'm a morning beast. raawwr.)

I really like my job.  Here is why:
1. once again.... I like the hours
2. I never have to work on Sunday :)
3. I get to talk to the same people every day, so I've become buds with them.
4. Super chill.. I made numerous mistakes my first week and was terrified I was going to get fired... nope. They still love me.
5. Swivel chair!
6. It's a call center... but I don't have a script.. and I actually don't mind talking on the phone all day.
7. When things are slow... I can do whatever I want as long as I stay in my swivel chair.  Read, surf the internet, play sudoku, text.. whatevs.
8. When we're busy I get to be a multi-tasking wonder - I love it.
9. My co-workers are fantastic
10. I get to problem solve.

also... the techs and reps I get to talk to tell me I am "the best"... pretty sure they say that to everyone, but it's always a nice little ego boost :)

Okay so...  it may not be the most amazing job in the world, but I think it's pretty neat...

usually...

EXCEPT....


ohmygoshtodayhasbeensoslowIthinkI'mgonnadie!!!!

For rizzle. 

It has been RIDICULOUSLY slow today.  Normally I can keep myself entertained no problemo, but... I have exhausted my resources.
I'm pretty sure I've stalked 5 blogs (years and years back), played 10 different miniclip games, read 15 different news articles, and completed 50 sudoku puzzles.. 

Guess what.. Facebook is blocked, undestandable. But, also... PINTEREST is blocked too!  I'm just dyin trying to find a way to waste my time at this desk.

I love having little breaks from the busy to relax, but seriously this is out of hand. 

I forgot to bring a book today - the one day I would actually have time to read it!  So bad. 

Also (prepare yourself... there is a tangent coming straight at ya!)... I am trying to be healthier and eat food that is better for me - also.. I am working on PORTION CONTROL, because the metabolism I had in high school decided to run away screaming when I graduated

I'm not very happy about it, but I have come to terms with the fact that I have to actually work to get to my normal weight now. skahiotesklahturrrrgh. I really really REALLY love food so this sucks soooo bad - eating healthy is not a big of a deal, I love healthy food, but the portions I'm supposed to be eating....ridiculous.  hmph. ... ANYWAY this attempt at PORTION CONTROL (the term brings a shudder to my soul)  resulted in me eating only a Costco poppyseed muffin for lunch. 

 I know half of you reading this cannot fathom devouring an entire Costco muffin in one sitting... I am not like you people with itty bitty tummies.  My friends used to go into shock when I ordered only one tray of food at Wendy's...  a Costco muffin is not even a full snack in my old diet... but I'm trying really hard to be better. 

Well, guess what... IamsoridiculouslyhungrythatIfeellikemystomachhasstarteddevouringitselfandImightkeeloveratanysecond!!! Serious.

  I'm in legit pain and at a very high level of grumpiness right now.  I ate lunch 7 1/2 hours ago and I was hungry for more right after I ate it. 

I have been drinking my water,
I have been chewing my gum,
I have been focusing on other things...
and guess what:  IT IS NOT WORKING. 

I am looking at my notebook right now and contemplating eating the paper... okay, that's a lie... but this is still not ok. 

Good thing my sister Kayli was in charge of dinner tonight and she made tostadas, which I will be enjoying in approximately 1 hr.  :D Happy tummy...coming soon.  

Anyway.. storal of the mory:  I need ideas for things to keep me busy at work - but they also have to be things I am able to put down at any second to answer the phone or type something up... and nothing I have to download.  So please... help prevent a day like this from ever happening again and give me tips for when this tragic situation occurs again. 

Love you all, I will be my usual, jolly, self again in approximately... 50 minutes. :)

2 comments:

  1. and now...now i can stalk you. ;) here's hoping i've entertained you... lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I love my stalkers :) and you most definitely have entertained me. Work will be terribly boring now that I'm all caught up with the last 6 years of your life haha

      Delete